Monday, June 19, 2006

What to do with gold bars?

Lots of people buy gold ore to smelt into gold bars while wearing their goldsmithing gauntlets for huge smithing experience. The problem with this is, there is no market for gold bars, barely anybody ever buys them. What can be done with all of those gold bars collecting dust?

I have had some success buying rubies, emeralds, and sapphires (by advertising on the Runescape forums) and then making recoil rings, duel rings, rings of forging, and games necklaces. None of these items "sell like hotcakes", but they do sell, you'll get crafting and magic experience, and you can make a small profit.

In my experience, rings of forging are the easiest to sell, followed by the duels and recoils. I don't bother with diamonds, they're too expensive and the jewelry doesn't sell well. None of the amulets sell in bulk, don't make them.

Be patient when selling. Sometimes I think I'll never sell my rings, then *boom*, someone buys 100 at once. I always advertise duel rings when I'm fletching at castlewars, it would probably be effective to advertise forging rings while smleting at port p or another popular furnace. Always advertise on the Runescape forums.

Lastly, every now and then you'll get lucky and someone will actually want to buy gold bars. When this happens, thank Guthix for your luck and then sell, sell, SELL!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home