Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Soloing the Blast Furnace

Armed with the info that I gleaned from RuneHQ, I've been soloing the Blast Furnace the last few nights. For now, I've been making mithril arrowheads, these are the exact steps that I've been taking :

I enter the Blast Furnace wearing only boots of lightness with 100k in my inventory. I pick up the hammer that is laying on the ground as well as the shovel. I now have 25 free spaces in my inventory.

I trade the ore salesman. If he has 100 coal or more, I buy as much as I can hold (25) and put it on the conveyor. I do this a second time so that there is now 50 coal on the conveyor. I buy 25 mithril and put that on the conveyor as well.

There is now 75 ore on the conveyor. This is the maximum amount of ore that can be put there at a time.

I run to the bike and pedal until the ore plops into the furnace.

I start shoveling coke into the furnace until the "grid" on the top of the furnace turns violet in color. RuneHQ recommends 8 shovelfulls of coke, I usually do about 10.

Next, I start pumping and adjust my view so that I can see the bar dispenser. If all goes well, you can see an orange explosion at the dispenser when the bars are done - There is no need to look at the temperature gauge while soloing. If, while pumping, a pipe breaks, I fix it, and then go back to pumping. If too many breaks occur and the dwarf says that I'm low on fuel, I'll put more coke in the furnace. I ignore the dwarf's complaints about the conveyor.

After I see the orange explosion, I grab the bucket, full it with water, and use it on the dispenser. I drop the bucket and the shovel and then remove all bars from the dispenser. I smith the bars into arrowheads and then repeat the process.

Notes:

You can check on the amount of coal in the furnace by looking at the bar dispenser. The bar dispenser will also let you know if you need to add coal (you have ore in the furnace, but not enough coal)

You can store as much as 210 coal in the furnace at a time.

You can store 30 bars in the bar dispenser at a time.

The more ore that is at the store, the cheaper it is. Some people bring noted ore, sell it to the store, and then buy it back. I've found that too many people world hop and then buy out the ore (coal) to bother with this.

You can save money by showing up at the furnace with the items I mentioned at the beginning *plus* a full load of mithril (or whatever the most expensive ore you will be using is).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home