Saturday, February 18, 2006

PKed

Well, I got PKed for my first time today and I'm sure it won't be the last. Recently, I've been taking my slayer assignments from the master in Edgeville and my lastest was 152 green dragons. Rather than go to Burthope for a new assignment, I decided to use this as an excuse to venture into the wilderness. I'd been there before while crafting mind runes and also to do the Zamorak mage miniquest, but those were very quick excursions.

For equipment, I decided on rune plate, rune legs, a dragon long, an anti-dragonfire shield, boots of lightness, a steel medium helm, red gloves, and a gnome necklace. The plate, legs, and dlong would protect in the event of a pk while the necklace and boots are quest items and can be obtained freely. I come accross the helms all the time while ranging moss giants and I have a boatload of gloves from crawling hand slayer assignments. I wore a partially drained ring of dueling as a means of teleport and grabbed about 20 tuna to eat while I killed dragons.

From the mind altar, I walked straight up into the wilderness, trotting past the dark mages. There was a level 81 already in the pit fighting dragons, but we weren't deep enough in the wildy for him to pose a threat (only level 12 at that point). After killing a couple of dragons, a skulled level 61 ran up on me and asked if I wan't to fight. I politely declined and was called "noob" several times in return. The 61 ran back off to the edge of the pit and I saw another dot appear near him. In hindsight, this is when I should have teled, but I didn't. Suddenly, the spells started flying.. First a failed spell and I started running towards my attacker, uh oh, I had forgotten to turn auto-retaliate off, a fatal mistake.

Next I was bound, and started taking damage very quickly. Things happened very quickly, I ate, but since I was already low on hit points from fighting dragons, it was over quickly.

Back in Lumbridge..

Well, at least I was close to the Duke so I ran up and grabbed a new anti-dragonfire shield. I guess I should have grabbed more than one (get shield, drop, get another, drop, etc), but I didn't. At some point, I'll go see the gome king at the center of the maze and get a new gnome amulet. All in all, not much lost except for a little pride.

I think that before going back into the wilderness, I'll do the Ghosts Ahoy quest to get one click teleport by way of the ectophial.

I'll also be sure to keep my auto-retaliate set to off.

I should have thought to activate protect from magic prayer immediately.

Lastly, I think I may try using lower quallity food, maybe some cakes. The dragons are fairly easily managed and food was my biggest loss.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home