Thursday, February 23, 2006

43 Prayer

Yesterday I decided to join the big boys and get 43 prayer. I used the skill calculator and saw that I needed either 2800 regular bones, 850 big bones, or 425 baby blue dragon bones. I'd heard that baby blue dragons were frequently killed for prayer experience so I thought that now would be as good a time as any to see for myself. Furthermore, I saw that I'd only need 107 bones if I ectofunctused them. It was settled, I had a plan.

Starting from Falador, wearing full rune w/ anti-dragonfire shield, I made my way northwest towards Taverly. I had a dusty key from a previous visit to the member's dungeon and I wore my trusty duel ring for an easy exit from the dungeon. I took lobsters for food. I made my way through the dungeon and started in on the baby blues. The dragons didn't prove to be much trouble at all and I never even came close to being attacked by an adult blue. My combat level is about 67 with my individual melee stats being 60 attack, 52 strength, 48 defense and I found that I only needed about 4-5 lobsters per load of bones. I collected my goal of 107 bones quickly enough and without incident, so it was time to ecto them.

What a pain in the rear.

After some fumbling around, I settled on the following procedure.

Buy as many buckets as you have bones to ecto, the shop in Port Phasmatys keeps 100 in stock. If you plan on using the store in Port P, be sure you are wearing a ghostspeak amulet! You don't need an amulet if you just want to use the bank there though.

Grab the ectophial and 27 buckets.

Teleport to the ectofunctus.

Fill your ectophial. Every time you teleport using the ectophial, immediately fill it. Make this a habit. There's nothing more annoying that ending up at castle wars and realizing that you forgot to fill the phial.

Run downstairs and fill the buckets with slime. As far as I know, the buckets must be filled one by one. Click a bucket, click the slime, repeat.

Teleport to the ectofunctus.

Run to the bank in Port P, bank the bucks, and grab a load of empty buckets. Repeat this process until you have as many slime filled buckets as you have bones.

Withdraw 8 slime filled buckets, 8 bones, 8 pots, and the ectophile from the bank in Port P. Tele to the ectofunctus, refill your phial, and then run upstairs.

Grind your bones, tele to the ectofunctus, fill the phial, and then pray to the ectofunctus.

Pray like you've never prayed before. It took me a few runs to figure out that you can just left click on the ectofunctus over and over without pause when praying. You can pray 12 times and then you have to talk to a ghost desciple to collect some tokens.

Tokens? Yeah, ectotokens, they're great, you can use them to.. Uh.. Hmm.. What can you use ectotokens for? Well, if you've done the Ghosts Ahoy quest, they are completely worthless, give them away to someone who hasn't yet completed Ghosts Ahoy. If you haven't done the quest yet, the tokens can be used to gain entry into Port P and also as payment for petition signatures needed to complete the quest.

Some people choose to use a duel ring rather than run to the bank in Port P, but I thought this was a waste of dueling rings.

Anyhow, although the process was tedious, but it was better than burying 2800 chicken bones and now I'm done with prayer for good. Well, at least for a long, long time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home