Sunday, February 19, 2006

Final Words on The Green Dragon Pit

Well, after killing about 24 green dragons, I threw the towel in on my 152 green dragon slayer assignment. The green dragon pit is obviously a prime pking spot, I ran into pkers on all but one or two trips there. I haven't suffered any more deaths since obtaining the ectophial, but I did have one close call when I was teleblocked by a pker. I think that I'm going to search around a bit and see if I can come up with some screen shots of various spells flying through the air (teleblock, entangle, snare, etc). By the end of my stint killing green dragons, these are the tactics I was employing:

Preparation:

Auto-retaliate : off
Private chat : friends
Run / Walk : walk

Inventory and equipment:

dragon long
rune plate
rune legs
gnome amulet
anti-dragonfire shield
boots of lightness
dueling ring
ectophial
anti-poison potion
15 tuna

Tactics:

Starting from the gnome stronghold, I'd teleport to the tree north of Varrock and start walking west. Once I reached Edgville, I'd start heading northwest until I reached the green dragon pit. If there were players standing at the edge of the pit, I'd get close enough to them so that I could see their levels. Assuming the coast was clear, I'd switch my run / walk to run so that I could move quickly if needed and then I'd start killing the dragons.

More often than not, at some point while fighting a dragon, I'd see an omious white dot appear near the edge of the pit.

The attackers always waited until I finished killing the dragon before attacking. Initially I thought this was because they wanted my hit points to be as low as possible and also wanted the loot from the dragon, but I think the true reason is : They have no choice but to wait as the area is not multi-combat.

While continuing to fight the dragon, I'd adjust my view so that I could get a look at the pker in an effort to determine their level and their equipment. If the lurker was wearing mage or range gear and was within 12-14 levels of me (the pit ranges from lvl 12 to 13 wildy), I knew I was in for a fight. I'd keep my health up while fighting the dragon, and just before it died, I'd switch on my protect from magic prayer.

Once the dragon died, the pker would rush in and usually start the attack with spell casting. My goal would be to grab my loot and hit the ectophial, and usually, this went without a hitch. In one case, I got hit with a teleblock, so I bolted south, eating while I ran. That one was a very close call, and I'm guessing that my prayer saved me by blocking a follow up snare or entangle.

After teleporting using the ectophial, I would tele to Al Kharid using my ring and then ride the gnome glider back to the gnome stronghold. From there, I would repeat the process.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home