Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Desert Treasure

I recently completed Desert Treasure (a long time goal of mine) and made a couple of posts about it to tip.it. Here they are:

Gilded Cross:

Lots of people seem to have trouble picking the lock on the chest that holds the gilded cross. I grabbed some waterskins, some anti-poison, some food, and as many picks as I could carry. I walked up to the chest and opened it on my 4th or 5th try. So much for collecting 100 picks, I think I was lucky here. My thieving is 56.

Desseous:

After consulting some of the guides floating around, I started off with range prayer on and started hitting him with spells. I was wearing monk robes, an initiate helm, and a sara prayer book and his melee attacks were completely crushing me, 20 some damage a pop. I quickly switched to melee prayer and ate sharks to heal from his bat attack and was able to finish him off.

If I were to fight Desseous again, I think I would wear my best ranging gear, pray melee, and let him have it with my crystal bow. I'm guessing that the range gear would help soften his range attack and the prayer pots would take care of the melee. The only question is - How effective would the crystal bow be on him?

Damis:

Wearing the same gear that I wore for Desseous (prayer gear), I ran past the skeletons, prayed melee, and started casting spells. My prayer was draining fast when I was fighting the second form, but it wasn't anything that I couldn't keep up with; I just had to watch it closely.

I see posts from a lot of people complaining about how difficult it is to deal with Damis while all of the skeletons in the area pile on. If you are praying melee, then the skeletons are a non-factor, just don't let it run out!

Kamil:

Using only my laptop touchpad for mouse control, Kamil was the hardest boss for me. Having to deal with the trolls on my way to him used up some of my supplies and I teleported out of combat with Kamil because I got confused about my current hit points (better to be safe than sorry). I restocked, ran by the trolls and wolves, and then had another crack at him. Between drinking super restores, watching my prayer, and continuously having to manually cast spells (autocast fails when your stats drop too low), this guy had me sweating it a little. After he went down, there was still a trek to make, hit points dribbling away, I got lost for a bit (path is very hard to see), I fell all the time, tried to smash the ice, finally realized my stats were still drained from the fight, etc. Maybe I would have fallen less if I hadn't let my stats stay drained?

Although it was unplanned, restocking after dealing with the trolls worked out well for me.

Fareed:

Fareed is a sissy compared to the rest of the bosses. I just melee prayed him and took my sweet time water spelling him to death. I didn't even have my staff equiped because I forgot to wield it after the carpet ride. I wielded it, set the attack spell, and casually attacked him, no big deal. He did hit me through prayer with some other attack for a 9 and maybe one more time.

Pyramid:

I did the pyramid wearing boots of lightness and a glory with energy pots, prayer pots, anti poison pots, and some sharks in my inventory. I ran through the thing with melee prayer on, gulping my energy pots without incident. I didn't fall and only got smacked once by some monster (for a 23! ouch!) when I had let my prayer drain. I think I must have gotten lucky here.
Wrap-up:

Just for reference, I'm barely combat 80 with rounded stats. I have 75 magic and 76 range (didn't use though). I used various spells ranging from the chaos rune spells (I forget their names, the strike spells?) wearing chaos guantlets to the offensive spells that use death runes.

While fighting bosses, I didn't move at all, I fought them "caveman style". I prayed melee every time and I was glad to have my sharks. I wore a ring of life for everybody but Damis and I also kept my ectophial in my inventory at all times.

The bosses are weak to the following types of spells:

Damis: Earth
Desseous: Air
Kamil: Fire
Fareed: Water

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home